Thursday, August 28, 2008

This Could Only Happen To US..





























Friend: "Let's go explore Westwood and take Pictures!"
Me: "OK!"

Driving along, enjoying the Westwood scenery.
We decide to head over to the Viola area.
Driving along, enjoying the Viola scenery. We see a road called Flat Rock Rd. (One of my fave swimmin holes is called Flat Rock.....)

Me: "OOOOH I wanna go down this road!"
Friend: "OK!"

Driving along, enjoying the scenery. The road begins to get more and more narrow.

Me: "What are we gonna do if another car comes along?"
Friend: "I guess they would have to get over, cause if you get over, you will be in the ditch".

No car came along (of course not - why would it?), so I stopped and took a few shots from the sunroof because there was NO getting out of the car. I drove over a few little mudholes, nothing I couldn't handle. Could this road get any more narrower? YES! And up ahead, was a mud "PUDDLE" the size of a small pond that I knew I was not about to attempt.

Me: "OH MY GOD!! Look at that fricken mud hole! I gotta back this thing up ALL THE WAY back to the main road!"
Friend: "OH S***!!! I'm glad you can back up, cause I can't!"
Me: "Don't worry, I got this."

I back up, all the way into a stump (Maybe it was wash-out, because it had rained recently). Finally get outta there and swear I will never do that again.

The way we always get to the creek, is another road. My sister told me once that there was another way to it, but it was "rough". Dern Skippy it was rough!

Red Clay mud EVERY WHERE!

Friend: "Wanna head back into town?"
Me: "Sure. This could only happen to US!"

0 comments: